Work Package 1: Screening and analysis of methods
WP leader: CNR
The purpose of this WP is to identify state-of-the art procedures for sample collection, sample preparation and analysis of plastics from environmental samples to define matrix- and size- adapted methods and the subsequent tasks within the following WPs.
Compile existing methods used to quantify plastics in environmental matrices; Map protocol development; Evaluate their suitability requirement for further validation (WP2) or direct implementation (WP3).
- Systematic literature review;
- Synthesis of existing methods and procedures;
- Compilation of Reproducible Analytical Pipelines;
- Analysis of methods strengths, weaknesses opportunities and treats;
- Critical revisions of identified methods.
Systematic Literature Review; Reproducible Analytical Pipelines (RAPs) identified to identify repeatable bulk steps across environmental matrices, Strengths, Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats (SWOT analysis)